Join Our Team
Selflessness, safety, being a team player, integrity, honesty, courage, compassion, commitment, and competence are all the traits of a dedicated volunteer member of the Boerne Fire Department. The benefits personally, professionally and the impact on your community are immeasurable.
The most valuable asset in the fire department’s arsenal is by far its members. The men and women who volunteer their time, services and lives with the community come from various lifestyles and backgrounds. From teens to those in their 50’s; all bring a breath of talent, expertise or experience which produces top notch firefighters. When you volunteer with Boerne Fire Department, you become part of something bigger than yourself.
Become part of a team that becomes your family and gives you opportunities most never receive including serving the citizens of our great community.
Below is a list of basic requirements for becoming a volunteer firefighter with the Boerne Fire Department:
- 18 years or older.
- Valid Texas Class C or above driver’s license.
- Clear criminal background (not including misdemeanor traffic violations).
- Must be willing to submit and pass random drug screenings.
- Ability to work well under a strict Chain of Command.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Desire and ability to self-teach basic fire/rescue techniques and terminology.
- Desire and ability to perform life threatening tasks IN ADDITION to daily maintenance tasks (i.e. cleaning equipment and vehicles, filing paperwork, etc.).
If you meet the above requirements and wish to join the elite group of men and women that call themselves Boerne Firefighters. Fill out an application today!!
- Application submission opens in October every year. Please reference our Facebook page for the application link
*An application link is only active during the application process that starts in October every year